Monday, June 17, 2013

jones the grocer @ Ion Orchard

Had an awesome outing at Ion Orchard on Saturday. This kind of marked the start of my GSS (Great Singapore Sales) journey :P Lovely way to start. With brunch at jones the grocer.



The Ion Orchard café is the latest jones the grocer in Singapore. Spotted people waiting for it to open at 9plus :) Love the futuristic ceiling at Ion :)


Gourmet food for everyday living :) Reminds me of Sydney although I have never been to the jones the grocer there... I guess I miss Sydney...
Bigger than the one at Mandarin Gallery where I usually go. The groceries on display seem to shine!!!


Open kitchen concept...


Flat white. Good coffee. Dark coffee cup on dark coffee table = Coffee floats in the air...


Big breakfast! Too big in fact :P Found it a bit too healthy. The hash brown tasted like it was fried in extra virgin olive oil...I like the scrambled eggs on sour toast, tomatoes, heaps of Bacon (which I cannot finish) and mushroom though...Wrong order perhaps?

My brunch. No better way to start the day. Really. Gave me tons of energy which lasted me in Orchard till 9pm!


The place started to fill up by the time I finished. Think I prefer the one at Mandarin Gallery which is brighter and transparent - the glass walls allow for people watching which is more interesting. It has been a while since I brunched in a shopping mall too, so I feel some claustrophobic. Too used to the neighbourhood in the backyard feel, I guess :)

And ending off with my first GSS 2013 purchase :)  What was yours?
Started on my GSS shopping a bit late. But I only felt the urge to shop now...Perhaps I should blog about my GSS loot (not that I expected much. haha). Retail therapy feels great (especially after a crazy week at work) and the GSS gives you no reasons to say no! So start shopping this weekend, everyone! And don't forget to start with brunch, wherever you are! :)

No comments: