Sunday, May 26, 2013

Brick & Mummy

Was at the ArtScience Museum on Vesak Day with YK! Wanted to see The Art of the Brick exhibition. The combo tickets for both on-going shows (the other was Mummy Secrets of the Tomb) was $20 (for Singapore citizens), we decided to go for both and had fun :)
 
This was taken at the entrance as no pictures allowed in the exhibition built around a priest - his authentic mummy was also on display. Not as intensive (and scary :P) as some of the mummy exhibitions I have seen. A bit scientific, in fact. Interesting nonetheless.
Wanted to see this exhibition for a long time but never got down to it.
 
Dare to bare your heart? Yellow - One of the most well-known Lego artwork of Nathan Sawaya.



Love how the artwork interacts with being :)



Cannot remember the title of this piece. I remember it is about diversity.


Writer.
 
Grasp : No matter where your heart wants to lead you, there will be hands that try to hold you back. Life's challenge is to find the strength to break free. I created this sculpture in response to so many people telling me 'No' in my life. I wanted to break free of those people - 2007


Mask. Nathan Sawaya has this uncanny ability to use Lego to reflect life. I also like how his captions captured the essence of his artwork and life :)



Dinosaur.


ArtScience Museum in LEGOLAND :)
  
My Lego Portrait - like the uncanny resemble :)

The Art of the Brick ends today while Mummy Secrets of the Tomb will be on until November. 

No comments: