Monday, December 26, 2011

Solo traveller - Step 2

I have never been much of a serious planner when it comes to travelling. Well, I have been assigned responsibilities for parts (usually 1 part) of a trip and I could always count on my dear friends and family to do all the research on the best hotels, tours, food etc. My philosophy has always been to just go and have fun! Free and easy mah!

So I find it quite funny (yes, it's fun in its own way) now that I have to plan for my solo trip to Taiwan in February 2012. If you have read about it (click here if you have not), I have been to Taiwan before so this time, I am planning to explore places I have not been and/or revisit places which I feel deserve more attention. Now that I have nailed down the places I want to visit, I have to book the hotel in Taipei and 名宿 in Hualien and Jiufen.

It's amusing how I emailed a few 名宿 owners in English and they all replied in Chinese. So I started to email them in Chinese (yes, my rusty Singaprean Chinese which I am proud of). That was part of the fun, I guess :) Got to sort all my accomodations before I start booking train tickets. And I just realised that February is winter in Taiwan and it's going to be cold. Based on my experience in Italy, perhaps I should also think about getting a thicker coat! Phew!

No comments: