Saturday, December 10, 2011

Solo traveller - Step 1

I finally took my first step to travel solo in 2012! Just booked my SQ flight to Taipei (ticket costs $500+, about $200 cheaper than a few years back) after thinking about it for weeks.

Have been wondering about how it is like to be a solo traveller for the past few years after hearing friends talk about it. Somehow I lack the courage to do it - I always tell myself it's cheaper (and probably more fun) to travel with people :)

Perhaps meeting so many solo travellers in Melbourne last month helped me to make up my mind and give it a try. If these European kids can travel in Australia for a few months on their own, I can surely survive for a week in Taiwan. I have been there, so it is not really foreign to me although I am visiting in a different season and planning to visit new places and stay in 民宿 this time.

It's also a big present for myself - I'm going in the week leading to my 33rd birthday :) I'm definitely looking forward to 2012 where I must really plan for the trip (because there is no one to rely on and share costs this time :P)

No comments: